Week numbers in Mac OS X
I don’t know about other parts of the world, but here in Sweden many people talk about week numbers instead of dates. It drives me absolutely crazy since I never have a clue what the current week is. I wish people would just start using dates instead… but that will never happen, so I have to adapt somehow.
One way is to go to vecka.nu every time someone starts talking week numbers. It works, but it feels awkward to have to visit a website just to find out what week it is. Well, you don’t have to, at least not if you’re using a Mac (I have no idea about other systems).
- Open the Language & Text panel in System Preferences
- Choose the Formats tab
- Click Customize… in the Dates section
- Drag the Week of year tag to the Full format
- Add text before or after it. I use (week [Week of year tag]).
- Click OK and close System Preferences
- You can now see the current week number by clicking on the date/time in the menubar
I haven’t found a way to have the week number visible all the time, but this is better than having to go online.
Subscribe / follow
DreamHost web hosting
Use the promo code 456BEREASTREET3 to save USD 20 when you sign up for DreamHost