How to make IE9 beta work with Parallels Desktop
Here’s a quick tip for other Mac users who use Parallels Desktop for their Internet Explorer testing needs: To make IE9 (in beta at the time of this writing) work in Parallels you may need to disable GPU rendering.
If you’re having problems with IE 9 crashing, not redrawing the viewport, showing nothing but a black background or otherwise behaving strangely when running in a virtual machine under Parallels Desktop, this may help:
- Launch IE 9
- Find the menu hidden beneath the little cogwheel icon at the top right of the IE window
- Choose “Internet options”
- Open the “Advanced” tab
- Check the “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” checkbox
- Restart Internet Explorer
Hopefully this will make IE9 usable for you too.
- Previous post: How to make WordPress URLs root relative
- Next post: Removing title attributes from WordPress links