XHTML Media Types Working Group Note updated
The W3C Working Group Note XHTML Media Types - Second Edition contains updated guidelines for the use of different media types with XHTML documents –
application/xhtml+xml. The note is about a year old now, so this will be old news to some readers. Better late than never, I suppose.
The document is now more focused on the
application/xhtml+xml media types and includes Compatibility Guidelines for ensuring that documents can work with either media type.
One of the notable differences from the previous version of this note is that XHTML 1.1 documents may now be served as
text/html provided that they conform to the compatibility guidelines.
- Next post: Beware of “Web Page, complete” when saving HTML pages with your browser
Subscribe / follow
- Creative Director at Revision3, A Discovery Digital Network (San Francisco, Ca, US)
- Sr. Python Engineer @ Brilliant at The Sourcery (Palo Alto, CA, US)
- Publication and Textbook Designer at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT, Ut, US)
- Technical Project Manager at Active Ingredients (Larkspur, CA, Ca, US)
DreamHost web hosting
Use the promo code 456BEREASTREET3 to save USD 20 when you sign up for DreamHost