Write HTML and CSS quicker with with Zen Coding
A pretty neat plugin for TextMate (and a few other text editors) that I have started using is Zen Coding. I’d heard of it before but didn’t “get it” until I read Jonathan Christopher’s blog post The Art of zen-coding: Bringing Snippets to a New Level.
Jonathan explains very well what you can do with Zen Coding, so I’m not going to get into much detail. One example though. Zen Coding lets you use syntax that looks very much like CSS selectors to write HTML, which can look like this:
When you put the cursor at the end of that line and execute the Zen Coding command, the result will be the following HTML snippet:
<div id="news" class="module">
This is just one quick example of what Zen Coding can do. Try it out for yourself.
- Previous post: Användbarhetsboken – a free online book on usability
Subscribe / follow
- (re)define our guts: FarmersWeb seeking Lead Web Engineer at FarmersWeb, LLC (New York, NY, Ne, US)
- HL7 Experienced Developer at Entermotion
- Sales Engineer at arvato Systems North America (New York, NY, Toronto, Canada, Ne, US)
- Technical Consultant- New York & Chicago at arvato Systems North America (New York and Chicago, In, US)
DreamHost web hosting
Use the promo code 456BEREASTREET3 to save USD 20 when you sign up for DreamHost