State of the Web 2008 findings
In the beginning of January the report from the State of the Web Survey 2008 was published. The survey is not strictly scientific since those who participated are people who happen to monitor the sites that linked to the survey, which was open during the first three weeks of December.
Regardless of their validity, statistics can be entertaining. Here are some highlights from the report:
- The number of Mac and Windows users are almost equal – both are used by 46.8 % of respondents
- As many as 4.7 % use some version of Internet Explorer as their primary browser
- Only 29.5 % test their sites in IE 8
- Many more use XHTML than HTML
- Over 10 % still use tables for layout
- Almost 70 % still use presentational markup
- Only 69 % create print stylesheets
If you don’t have the time to read the entire report, try reading just the Conclusions.
- Previous post: Headings, heading hierarchy, and document outlines
- Next post: Creating valid names with the id attribute
Subscribe / follow
DreamHost web hosting
Use the promo code 456BEREASTREET3 to save USD 20 when you sign up for DreamHost