Dyslexia and accessibility
One large group of people with special needs that is often overlooked – even by those who make an effort to build accessible websites – is dyslexics.
A good way to learn more about dyslexia, how it can make it hard to use the web, and what you as a designer can do about it is to read Mel Pedley’s article series on designing for dyslexics:
- Designing for Dyslexics: Part 1 of 3
- Designing for Dyslexics: Part 2 of 3
- Designing for Dyslexics: Part 3 of 3
- Previous post: Remember to specify a background colour
- Next post: The order of link pseudo-classes matters