What lies ahead, and a possible opportunity
It’s ridiculous really, how quickly time can pass. It is seven weeks ago today that I started the vacation/parental leave that I mentioned in A new phase of life. But I would never believe that if I didn’t look in my calendar.
Time passes quickly when you have a baby to take care of. I have to admit that I have enjoyed these first weeks of being a father. Most of the time, that is. Those few nights when she simply did not want to sleep I could do without. Luckily there haven’t been many of those. Yet.
Time passes too quickly though, and today’s date being August 7 means it’s time for me to get back to work, both at NetRelations and here.
There are some interesting projects coming up at work during the next few months. It looks like we’ll be pretty busy, but that doesn’t mean we’re not interested in doing more business. So if you’re looking for a web agency where everybody really strives to deliver high quality, accessible and usable websites, contact us and tell us what you need. Don’t know what you need? Don’t worry – we’ll figure it out for you.
For 456 Berea Street I also have several things in the pipeline. In fact, I have so many article and tutorial ideas jotted down in my notebook that I don’t know where to start, and I just don’t have enough time to turn them all into writing.
Some things I really hope to find time to write about during the next few months though:
- HTML 5. The good, the bad, and the infuriating.
- A few rants. I don’t want to come across as someone who rants all the time, but there are some things I really need to vent about a certain breed of designers and some software engineers. Besides, many of you have told me you like my rants and want more. I will try to deliver.
- Book reviews. Yeah, I know. Some of you like them, some don’t, but I have a large pile of Web books related to design/development to get through and a couple of reviews written already.
And finally, and this is where the opportunity I hinted about in the title comes in, I’d like to just throw an idea of mine out there. What would you think about me opening this site up for guest writers? The topics would be the same, and I would be very quality minded about anything that gets published. I’m not saying I intend to do it, but I am honestly interested in what you would think. Pros and cons.
Subscribe / follow
- Frontend Developer at Momentum Design Lab (San Francisco, CA, US)
- Project/Product Manager – H+K Digital at Hill+Knowlton Strategies (Dallas, TX, US)
- Web & Print Designer at Dance of the Deer Foundation (Santa Cruz, CA, Ca, US)
- Public Information Specialist I (Limited-Term) at West Basin Municipal Water District (Carson, CA, Ca, US)
DreamHost web hosting
Use the promo code 456BEREASTREET3 to save USD 20 when you sign up for DreamHost