My top ten favourite novels
See Getting personal: A few top ten lists for the background on this series of top ten posts (this is the third post in the series).
Believe it or not, I really like getting away from the computer. I am not the kind of person who likes to spend every waking hour in front of the computer screen. I read a lot of Web related non-fiction books as you can tell by the book reviews I post here, but to really relax I read fiction. Mostly science fiction, horror, fantasy, that sort of thing.
So here is a list of my current favourite novels/novel series. The list is ordered alphabetically, which means I have not ranked these books. Picking only ten is hard enough as it is.
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
- The Dark Tower series: The Gunslinger, The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands, Wizard and Glass, Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah, and The Dark Tower by Stephen King
- The Dice Man by Luke Rhinehart
- Eon by Greg Bear
- The Foundation Trilogy: Foundation, Foundation and Empire, and Second Foundation by Isaac Asimov
- It by Stephen King
- The Night’s Dawn Trilogy: The Reality Dysfunction Part I: Emergence, The Reality Dysfunction Part 2: Expansion, The Neutronium Alchemist Part I: Consolidation, The Neutronium Alchemist Part II: Conflict, and The Naked God by Peter F. Hamilton
- Pandora’s Star and Judas Unchained by Peter F. Hamilton
- The Rama series: Rendezvous with Rama, Rama II, The Garden of Rama, and Rama Revealed by Arthur C Clarke
- The Stand by Stephen King
Like the other lists in this series, what’s on this list is always changing, though not as frequently as the music related lists.
Now it’s your turn – which are your ten favourite novels or novel series? If you want to share, do so either by posting a comment with your list or by posting a link to your own blog.