My top ten favourite music albums
See Getting personal: A few top ten lists for the background on this series of top ten posts (this is the first post in the series).
So. Music albums. Some people can listen to whatever happens to be on the radio and be happy with that. I’ve never been that way – music has been too important to me, especially since my early teens. As you’ll see on this list my taste spans multiple genres.
The list is ordered alphabetically, which means I have not ranked these albums. Picking just ten is hard enough as it is.
- Big Calm by Morcheeba
- Bites and Remission by Skinny Puppy
- Comfort Woman by Me’Shell NdegeOcello
- Dummy by Portishead
- First and Last and Always by The Sisters of Mercy
- Never Never Land by U.N.K.L.E.
- New Gold Dream by Simple Minds
- Pornography by The Cure
- The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste by Ministry
- Tired Eyes Slowly Burning by The Tear Garden
Of course this sort of list is always changing – ask me next month and the list will probably be quite different.
Now it’s your turn – which are your ten favourite music albums? If you want to share, do so either by posting a comment with your list or by posting a link to a list on your own blog.