5 blogs that make me think
I’m not usually one for jumping onto various memes, but when Robert tagged me with the “5 blogs that make me think” meme I figured I could turn it into an opportunity to mention a few people whose writings I enjoy and find thought-provoking in one way or another.
Since I know how some people (including myself) feel about memes, I want to ask the people on my list to please not feel obliged to pass this on.
In alphabetical order by surname:
- Joe Clark. For the hard-hitting, sarcastic postings on accessibility, Web standards, typography, and much more (though Joe recently announced in Trying not to pretend that he is retiring from Web accessibility).
- Bruce Lawson. For the “I don’t give a damn”-attitude and humour, and for the frank and no-nonsense rants about things that are wrong in the world.
- Jack Pickard. For his rants about Web standards and accessibility. And for the chemistry theme, including the ethanol dogs.
There are many others, of course, but I had to pick five. One of my criteria is that the blog should be updated on a reasonably regular basis, which is why a couple of my otherwise favourite writers are not on this list.
What five blogs or bloggers make you think?
Subscribe / follow
- Perl Developer at Booking.com (Amsterdam, The Netherlands, NL)
- (re)define our guts: FarmersWeb seeking Lead Web Engineer at FarmersWeb, LLC (New York, NY, Ne, US)
- Django Developer (Bristol) at Potato (Bristol, UK, GB)
- Junior Designer & Front-ender at QueryClick (Edinburgh, UK, GB)
DreamHost web hosting
Use the promo code 456BEREASTREET3 to save USD 20 when you sign up for DreamHost