Flash and search engine optimisation
I tend to get quite a few questions related to search engine optimisation from people who have used Flash on their site. My advice has always been to think carefully about what you use Flash for, and to make sure there is alternative content for people or user agents that can’t or won’t access Flash files.
Essential advice if you, after carefully considering all available options, still find that you absolutely must use Flash to present important information.
In case you didn’t know, Geoff is the guy who came up with FlashObject, the method I prefer to use when embedding Flash on websites.
- Previous post: iWeb, the new tag soup generator
- Next post: Evaluating website accessibility part 2, Basic Checkpoints
Subscribe / follow
- Front End Developer at Domani Studios (Brooklyn, NY, Ne, US)
- Front-End Developer at NEWMEDIA (Denver, Colroado, Co, US)
- WordPress Developer at Maskar Design (Philadelphia, PA, Pe, US)
- Front End Designer & Developer at Mission Data (Anywhere in the US with travel to Louisville, KY and Washington DC, Il, US)
DreamHost web hosting
Use the promo code 456BEREASTREET3 to save USD 20 when you sign up for DreamHost