Ten favourite Mac applications
I tend to skip most memes since I’m not really a meme person. But (you knew there was going to be a but here) when I found 10 Mac Apps over at Mr. Hicks’ place I felt it to be closer to my interests than most other memes, so I can’t resist.
This meme was started by Om Malik. The task is to list your ten favourite Mac apps, while focusing on
freeware and shareware applications that have helped you get the most out of your Mac.
The freeware/shareware requirement disqualifies a couple of my favourites, but as I scanned my Dock and my Applications folder for icons that I click (or used to click) more often than others I realised that most of the apps I use do belong in that category.
Here’s my list, in alphabetical order:
- Adium - multi-protocol instant messaging client.
- Camino - Gecko-based web browser.
- DiskTracker - disk cataloguing and labeling system.
- Firefox - Gecko-based web browser.
- Ircle - IRC client. Not used that much these days, but I used to spend a lot of time chatting on IRC up until a few years ago.
- MP3 Rage - MP3 tagging and organising tool. Has many features that are missing in iTunes.
- NetNewsWire Lite - RSS and Atom newsreader.
- RBrowser - FTP client.
- RPG - random password generator.
So, I know there are plenty of Mac users reading this. What does your list look like? Remember, only shareware or freeware apps!