I’m going offline for a couple of weeks or so. Before I go, here’s the latest bunch of interesting links I’ve come across:
- 10 Easy Steps to a User Friendly Website: Kalena Jordan lists ten ways to improve website usability.
- Colored boxes - one method of building full CSS layouts: Russ Weakley explains, step by step, one way of building a CSS based layout.
- Personalization is not Technology: Using Web Personalization to Promote your Business Goal: Christian Ricci on web personalization.
- Back to Basics Part 2 — Internet Explorer for Windows, Box Models and More: Vinnie Garcia shows three ways to work around the broken box model in IE/Win without resorting to CSS hacks.
- Media Types and Their Uses: Stephanie Sullivan explains the different media types that can be used to tell user agents which style sheet they should use.
- Mozilla 1.6 has been released.
- The Perfect 404: Ian Lloyd helps us create better Error 404 pages.
- Web design: never let an ad agency near your website: Gerry McGovern shares his experience of ad agencies that don’t get the Web.
Subscribe / follow
- (re)define our guts: FarmersWeb seeking Lead Web Engineer at FarmersWeb, LLC (New York, NY, Ne, US)
- Designer at Saltwater (Portsmouth, NH, Ne, US)
- Junior Designer & Front-ender at QueryClick (Edinburgh, UK, GB)
- Web Developer PHP/MySQL at eMeals (Atlanta, Ga, Acworth, GA, or Birmingham, AL, Ge, US)
DreamHost web hosting
Use the promo code 456BEREASTREET3 to save USD 20 when you sign up for DreamHost