A bunch of stuff
- Web Design References: University of Minnesota Duluth’s huge collection of links to web design references.
- SimpleQuiz › Part XI › Image Floating: The latest in Dan Cederholm’s SimpleQuiz series makes you think about how to float an image with a caption within a body of text.
- Friday Feast #64: Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Shortened Words: Shirley Kaiser is back with a roundup of links related to abbreviations, acronyms and initialisms.
- The Art of Navigation: Didier Hilhorst has come up with a very good looking navigation design.
- The Daily Standards: A showcase of sites built with web standards.
- Weblogging vs. The Googliath: A Digital Web Magazine article by Brandon Olejnizak which examines weblogs in search results. I find this interesting since I have seen some pretty strange queries leading to 456bereastreet.com.
- OmniWeb 5: Jon Hicks writes about some of the new features of of the upcoming OmniWeb 5 web browser. Also take a look at The Omni Group’s OmniWeb 5 Preview page.
- How to Make a Faceted Classification and Put It On the Web: A paper by William Denton that
will attempt to bridge the gap by giving procedures and advice on all the steps involved in making a faceted classification and putting it on the web.
- Key Research Findings Related to User-Centered Design (2002–2003): Interesting stuff from the December 2003 UI Design Update Newsletter.
- Slow Shopping Sites Delay Santa: Scrooge Response Times: An Optimization Week speed analysis of some top shopping sites.
- InfoDesign: Understanding by Design: A great collection of information design resources.